- About the program
The MSc Economics provides students with in-depth knowledge of the phenomena and problems of an economy at the micro- and macroeconomic scale. The major allows students to acquire skills useful in economic analysis and decision-making process. The studies consist of modules of economic subjects as well as non-economic fields relevant to the understanding of economic issues. Students acquire knowledge of economic theory, a practice of economic life and analytical methods used in research on the economy. Diploma holders will have acquired knowledge and competencies that allow finding interesting employment in the wide range of institution and the sphere of social life.
1.1. Benefits of the program
- Completion of the program gives broad knowledge in the field of economics. It helps to understand the mechanisms behind contemporary economies, and makes it possible to develop knowledge and skills with regards to quantitative tools and methods used in economic research or employed to solve practical business problems,
- Studies in economics shape graduates with appropriate attitudes and social competences, allowing graduates to play an active role both in social an economic life
- The courses and specialties taken by students offer to gain practical skills, which are further developed during internships and voluntary services.
- the program is directed at those who are oriented towards benefiting from the possibilities created by the European integration and development of global economy. After completion of the program students are well prepared to work in companies, organizations and institutions both on local and global markets.
The program in ECONOMIES received:
- accreditation certificate of the International Accreditation Council for Business Education,
- a distinction grade from the Polish Accreditation Committee in the Internationalization category,
- accreditation certificate and „Studia z Przyszłością” Quality Mark awarded by the Foundation for Development of Education and Higher Education and PRC Agency (program ECONOMICS in Polish).
1.2. Three specialties are offered as part of the second-cycle program:
- Circular economy – this specialty allows students to acquire knowledge and skills related to understanding and implementation of sustainable development, as well as prepares them for work in environmental organizations;
- Advanced economic analysis – this specialty provides the knowledge and skills necessary to conduct research and also teaches how to select and use the right tools for analyzing markets;
- International Business – the choice of this specialty allows students to acquire advanced knowledge and skills related to international business. The specialty particular focus on the international aspects of economics needed in today’s business world. It helps students to develop cultural sensitivity, as well as a critical understanding of the challenges of working and managing internationally.
1.3. Important subjects include among others:: Advanced Microeconomics, Advanced Macroeconomics, History of Economic Thought, Development Economics, International Economics, E-business, Capital Market, Econometrics and Forecasting.
- Gained competences
- terminology used in economics, its sources and application in the social sciences at the extended level,
- other social sciences (sociology and psychology, law and philosophy, management) and their relationship to economics,
- contemporary and historical economic trends, their basic assertions and their critical evaluation,
- assessment of economic phenomena in the national, international and intercultural perspective,
- quantitative tools used in economic research and used to solve decision-making, strategic and operational problems – also in dynamic terms,
- conducting independent advanced economic analyzes,
- to use of both basic and extended theoretical knowledge in the field of economics and related disciplines in order to formulate practical applications useful for decision-makers,
- to analyze and interpret various economic problems,
- to analyze and predict the effects of economic decisions based on knowledge of economic theories as well as quantitative and qualitative research techniques,
- to prepare advanced reports, analyzes and expert reports facilitating making correct economic decisions in conditions of uncertainty and risk,
- to work in a team solving specific tasks in the field of economics,
- to perform a managerial role and independent selection of means and method of work in order to effectively perform emerging professional tasks,
2.5 SOCIAL COMPETENCE:
- ability to work and interact in a group,
- openness to cooperation and building relationships within expectations of others,
- ability to manage human teams,
- ability to engage in discussions and formulate their own position in the course of their work and to indicate arguments in support of their opinion, while remaining open to arguments in favor of other views,
- attention to reliability of conducted analyzes and precision of the argument,
- awareness of the need to constantly expand knowledge and improve skills.
- Employment prospects
A graduates can take up a job:
- as a specialist in industrial, commercial and service enterprises, public administration (central and local).
- in positions of: specialist in economic and management matters, financial and investment advisors, business analyst, sales and marketing specialist or economist
- in non-profit organizations
Fluent knowledge of at least one foreign language enables to take up employment both at home and abroad.
The graduates are also prepared to run a business independently.